4-H Youth Development
4-H is a community of young people across Kansas engaged in learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. Caring adults that support our programs are essential for youth to achieve their potential based on the guidance, respect, skills, knowledge and wisdom adults can share.
4-H is a nationwide program. Each of the four H's of the clover represent ways youth can grow and develop.
Head, critical thinking, problem solving;
Heart, self-discipline, integrity, communication;
Hands, serving others; and
Health, choosing healthy lifestyles.
In 4-H, youth have fun with a purpose!
2020 4-H Events and Registration Links
State or Regional Events
- 4-H Community Conversations: Youth Open Forum: Jan 12 at Douglas County Fairgrounds. Flyer here, register here by Jan 9.
- The event is youth-facilitated, and training for that is also available, on Dec 14. Register here by Dec 12.
- NELE (NorthEast Leadership Event): Jan 18 at Rock Springs Ranch. Register here by Jan 3.
- Citizenship in Action: Feb 16-17 in Topeka. Register here.
- Junior Beef Producer Day: Feb 29 in Manhattan. Flyer here, register here.
- Junior Sheep Producer Day: Mar 14 in Manhattan. CANCELLED FOR 2020.
- Discovery Days: May 27-29 in Manhattan. Registration closes April 15. CANCELLED FOR 2020
- Rambling Travelers trip: early August 2020 (Lake County OH visits) and 2021 (travel to Lake County OH). CANCELLED FOR 2020
- KYLF (KS Youth Leadership Forum) and Kansas Volunteer Forum: Nov 20-21 (guessing) 2020. Registration TBD.
Pioneer Trails Summer Camp*See Summer Camp page
- Campference: June 22-25 at Rock Springs Ranch. VIRTUAL CAMP. Cost is $20
- Pre-fair judging: July 6 at Horton Blue Building. CANCELLED
Doniphan County Fair
- July 25 (horse show) and 27-31.
- Beef weigh-in: March 13, 5-7pm.
- Sheep and goat weigh-in: May 2, 10am-12pm. CANCELLED
- Eartags/IDs for ALL livestock (except poultry and rabbits) must be reported to the office by JUNE 1.